Fire cider is an herbal tonic that can increase immunity, help relieve nasal congestion, help digestion, and warm up your body on a cold day.
Basic recipes include… horseradish, ginger, garlic, onions, and hot peppers dissolved in apple cider vinegar.
The mixture sits in a mason jar for about a month to infuse.
There are many recipes to follow but here is the classic mountain rose herb fire cider:
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of organic garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 organic jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh grated organic ginger root (or organic ginger root powder)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated organic horseradish root (or organic horseradish powder)
- 1 Tbsp. organic turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. organic cayenne powder
- 2 Tbsp. of dried rosemary leaves
- organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw, local honey, or to taste
- Prepare your roots, fruits, and herbs and place them in a quart-sized glass jar. If you’ve never grated fresh horseradish, be prepared for a powerful sinus-opening experience!
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the jar until all of the ingredients are covered and the vinegar reaches the jar’s top.
- Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or a plastic lid if you have one. Shake well.
- Store in a dark, cool place for a month, and remember to shake daily.
- After one month, use cheesecloth to strain out the pulp, pouring the vinegar into a clean jar. Be sure to squeeze as much of the liquidy goodness as you can from the pulp while straining.
- Next comes the honey. Add and stir until incorporated.
- Taste your cider and add more honey until you reach the desired sweetness.
Bone broth is not only rich in minerals that help build and strengthen your bones, but it is also full of many other healthy nutrients. This is great for people experiencing poor gut health and inflammation throughout their bodies
What bone broth does:
Improves digestive functions; makes your skin glow; supplies important minerals; helps prevent muscle wasting; helps detoxify the liver and digestive system; boosts immunity; and can improve sleep, memory, and cognition
Simple instant pot recipe:
Start with a roasted chicken- try to use an organic one if possible
Strip the meet and keep the bones
Add bones to the instant pot with onions, carrots, celery
Next, add salt- Redmond’s salt is great to use for everything
Add water to cover the bones and vegetables
Close the lid and set it to seal
Let it cook for 90 minutes
Follow our Instagram for more information: @mitchellholistichealth